Up to two thousand pounds in weight and over ten feet tall, the bear is considered the biggest and heaviest terrestrial carnivore in the world. Of course, there is not just "one bear;" on the contrary, there are plenty of subspecies that differ from each other in various aspects. For instance, only the Kodiak bear (ursus arctos middendorffi) weighs about 2,000 lbs. The polar bear (ursus maritimus) weighs "only" 1,100 lbs., but gets much bigger than the Kodiak bear, being as much as 11 ft. tall!
Bärenpark takes you into the world of bears, challenging you to build your own bear park. Would you like another polar bear enclosure or rather a koala* house? The park visitors are sure to get hungry on their tour through the park, so build them places to eat! Whatever your choices are, make sure you get the next building permit and use your land wisely! (* No, koalas aren't bears but they're so cute, we couldn't leave them out of this game!)
In more detail, each player in Bärenpark builds their own bear park, attempting to make it as beautiful as they can, while also using every square meter possible. The park is created by combining polyomino tiles onto a grid, with players scoring for animal houses, outdoor areas, completed construction, and more. The sooner you build it, the better! Cover icons to get new tiles and park sections. The game ends as soon as one player has finished expanding their park, then players tally their points to see who has won.
—description from the publisher
- 2018 Kanga Game of the Year Winner
- 2018 Kanga Game of the Year Finalist
- 2018 Kanga Best Gameplay Finalist
- 2018 Gra Roku Family Game of the Year Winner
- 2018 Gra Roku Family Game of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Nominee
- 2018 Boardgames Australia Awards Best Australian Game Winner
- 2018 Boardgames Australia Awards Best Australian Game Nominee
- 2017 Spiel der Spiele Game of the Year Winner
- 2017 Meeples' Choice Nominee
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee